At all times, children lived in houses that were comfortable for adults. Even kids' rooms have always been equipped in such a way that it is easier for parents to take care of the child. Toddlers had to adapt to these realities. Does this state of affairs contribute to the development of children? Unfortunately, no.
According to the famous Maria Montessori, the nursery should be equipped following the needs of children, not adults. This is the only way to provide conditions that help kids realize their spiritual, intellectual, mental, and physical potential. In addition to comfortable and high-quality basic fittings, a child's room can be supplemented with special montessori furniture.
Choosing Montessori Stuff
In addition to beds, wardrobes, tables, and chairs, many parents equip the nursery with special educational items. For instance:
- Montessori arch — double semi-circle with crossbars, which allows the child to climb above and below it.
- Montessori triangle — a double ladder with rungs arranged narrowly, which is convenient for a toddler`s small step.
- Montessori ramp — connecting link for the arch and triangle, as well as an indispensable element for creating a home slide.
All these pieces of fitting help the child to enjoy a mini sports complex that develops physical skills and allows them to use their imagination to the fullest! Montessori furniture will turn ordinary exercises into an exciting process, and the toddler will become an incredible climber and mountain explorer.
Rules Of Arranging a Montessori Nursery
If you are going to build a nursery according to the method of Maria Montessori, then you need not only to find high-quality fittings made from natural materials but also be aware of the basic rules:
- The room should be decorated in a minimalist way. The simpler the decoration, furniture and decor, the better. It is necessary to protect the child's senses from excessive stress.
- Chaos, an excess of things and disorder tire children & prevent them from thinking and learning freely. Organize the interior in such a way that it is easy and simple to maintain order. Everything should have its place.
- The nursery should be spacious enough. It is necessary to leave certain areas for learning and sleeping, as well as separate the playing area.
- The interests of the child are paramount. For decor, you should choose a theme that the kid is passionate about. Maybe it will be animals, plants, transport or fairy-tale characters.
- The nursery color scheme should be calm — take the child`s favorite colors as a basis, but choose their pastel shades.
And when everything is ready, do not forget to place a comfortable non-slip carpet in the room, where you can place Montessori furniture for games.