Well, it is December guys and we all know that X-Mas is coming. Though we all love Christmas but speaking honestly, how many of us actually know about it? Today, on the festival of Christmas, I am presenting to you some shcoking facts about Christmas that are definitely gonna leave your mouth-opened.
1. Christmas supposedly marks the birth of Jesus Christ on December 25. But there is no mention of December 25 in the Bible and most historians actually believe he was born in the spring.
2. The look of Santa Claus we have today was created at an 1804 meeting of the New York Historical Society, where member John Pintard handed out wooden cutouts of jolly old St. Nick in front of stockings filled with toys.
3. Though Santa Claus has worn blue and white and green in the past, his traditional red suit came from a 1930s ad by Coca Cola.
4. Rudolph almost didn’t have a red nose either: At the time, a red nose was a sign of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward thought he would look like a drunkard.
5. Rudolph was almost named Rollo or Reginald. Reginald the Red-Nosed Reindeer doesn’t quite have the same ring to it.
6. The day after Christmas, December 26, is known as Boxing Day. It is also the holy day of St. Stephen.
7. One town in Indiana is called Santa Claus. There is also a Santa, Idaho.
8. “Jingle Bells” was originally supposed to be a Thanksgiving song.
9. The first Christmas was celebrated on December 25, AD 336 in Rome.
10. In Japan, Christmas Eve is a good day to eat fried chicken and strawberry shortcake.
11. There are 364 gifts mentioned in “The Twelve Days of Christmas”.