With the increasing craze of technology all over the world, the demand of increasing ample resources for a better internet experience is increasing too! After the superb launch of Internet.org, with the partnership between Reliance and Facebook, which allows it’s users to utilize Internet for free, I today came across a messaging app, with which you can chat with your dears ones, WITHOUT INTERNET! It is FireChat!
It’s a new app that lets you chat and share photos with nearby users — anonymously, if you so choose. But instead of relying on global positioning or cell tower triangulation to plot you and others on a map, FireChat relies on Bluetooth to share messages amongst. “As long as there is a FireChat-enabled device to act as a node in the chain, there’s really no geographic limit to how big the ad hoc network can be,” creator Micha Benoliel tells
“As long as there is a FireChat-enabled device to act as a node in the chain, there’s really no geographic limit to how big the ad hoc network can be,” creator Micha Benoliel tells GigaOm.
Here are some noticeable features of this new app:
• Instantly chat with anyone around you.
• Works even without any Internet connection or mobile phone coverage .
• Use the “Nearby” mode for off-the-grid communications, up to 200 feet of your location.
• Off-the-grid communications may be shared online if one device within the range has access to the Internet
• Multihop capabilities extend the range of peer-to-peer communications.
• See what people are talking about all over the country in the “Everyone” mode.
• Create your own ‘firechats’ for live public discussions with up to tens of thousands of simultaneous users.
• Join or invite people to any existing ‘firechat’ about topics that may interest you.
• Choose your own unique username, displayed name and avatar.
• No significant impact on battery consumption.